A Visit to Kennebunkport, ME
We flew into Boston Logan International Airport, grabbed a rental car from Hertz and we
drove up to Kennebunkport, ME to visit some friends of ours.
Kennebunkport is 83 miles from Boston Logan International, not a long drive but it does take you through some interesting areas. We tend to stay on I-95 till we get to the Kittery area, where we move over to U.S. 1 and continues north through York, Ogonquit, Wells & then Kennebunkport. Slower than I-95, but more scenic and relaxed.
This is the home of some very good friends of ours, a gentleman who was the former CEO & Founder of a company that Celeste worked for. We spent a great evening with them, had an excellent seafood dinner, some good wine and some great conversation - may he rest in peace.
Town of Kennebunkport
This is the inlet as it wanders into the town of Kennebunkport from the Atlantic, as you can imagine, seafood restaurants are everywhere here.
Beach meets Atlantic Ocean
Looking out at the Atlantic Ocean with the Kennebunkport River Inlet jetty in the center area. The river continues into the village of Kennebunkport.
Colony Beach Hotel
This beautiful hotel was just across the inlet where we were walking, it is the Colony Hotel Kennebunkport within walking distance of Kennebunkport’s Dock Square, shopping, galleries, and a variety of activities. They also have their own private beach!
NOTE: Image is the property of the Colony Hotel Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport Street Scenes
Typical street as we walked about Kennebunkport, it is scenic in every direction. This is a small village, so any walk-about is not going to be lengthy !
We were walking south on Route 9 when this picture was taken, that is the Clam Shack on the right looking at the Kennebunkport Marina in the distance.
This is the view from the southern entrance (along route 9), where cars cross over the old bridge into the village. The Atlantic Ocean is off to the right, and the inlet is just ahead. This bridge was constructed in 1933 and was replaced in 2017.
The harbor was obviously packed this day! You can see a few of the water-side restaurants in the background. Yes, this is a tourist destination town and you will find all of those typical tourist kinds of things here.
NOTE: Image is the property of mislibrarain via Wikipedia.
- Just Traveling Thru Travel Planning Tips
- Kennebunkport, Maine on the 'Wikipedia' Site
- Kenebunkport History on the 'Mainean Encyclopedia' Site
- Things to do or see in Kennebunkport on the 'Visit Maine' Site
- Best Things To Do in Kennebunkport on the 'US News & Travel' Site
- Seashore Trolley Museum (3.5 miles from Kennebunkport)
- Google Search Results list for "accommodations in Kennebunkport"
- Kennebunkport Google Travel Guide
- Google Search Results list for "restaurants in Kennebunkport"
- 12 Things To Do In Maine’s Coastal Town on the 'Bucket List Journey' Site
- 9 Fun Things to Do in Kennebunkport With Kids on the 'Trip Savvy' Site
- 2-Hour Historical Walking Tour of Kennebunkport on the "Get Your Guide" site
- Visit our Youtube Channel
Disclosure: Some of the links on this page are Affiliate Links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, that we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. So we would appreciate any click throughs, if you are inclined.
Note: All images on this page are the property of Just Traveling Thru, LLC unless otherwise noted.
To review any of our content, make suggestions and/or comments, please click the "Info" menu button at the top of this page. You will find our "Contact Us" link on that drop-down menu.