Catawba Falls State Park, NC
Catawba Falls was only 13 miles from our VRBO rental in Chesire Village, so getting to the park early was easy.
Catawba Falls State Park contains one of the most spectacular canyons in the eastern U.S., Catawba is two miles long and nearly 1,000 feet deep. Visitors can hike rim trails to several overlooks, or they can obtain a permit to hike to the gorge floor (100 per day, not available during water releases). A suspension bridge sways 80 feet above the Tallulah River below, providing spectacular views of the river and waterfalls.
We picked this as our next stop, because it is obviously pretty and it is on the way to Asheville, NC - our next "stay over" location.
Views of the Gorge suspension bridge, taken from the rim trail. The suspension bridge is 80 feet above the Tallulah River below it, and yes, it does sway.
The river area, as can be seen from an observation platform on the rim above. Crossing the gorge on the suspension bridge, seriously good view below!
- Just Traveling Thru Travel Planning Tips
- Our Catawba Falls State Park Image Gallery
- Catawba Falls State Park on the "Georgia State Parks" site
- Guide to Amicacola State Park Site on the "Explore Georgia" site
- VRBO Search Results list for rentals near Catawba Falls State Park
- Lodging near Catawba Falls State Park on the "Expedia" site
- Amazon Search Results list for "Catawba State Park"
- Youtube Search Results list for "Catawba State Park"
Disclosure: Some of the links on this page are Affiliate Links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, that we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. So we would appreciate any click throughs, if you are inclined.
Note: All images on this page are the property of Just Traveling Thru, LLC unless otherwise noted.
To review any of our content, make suggestions and/or comments, please click the "Info" menu button at the top of this page. You will find our "Contact Us" link on that drop-down menu.